TMJ Treatment – Plano, TX
Lasting Solutions for Teeth Grinding & Headaches
Does your jaw click and pop all of the time? Is it consistently sore, or does it even become stuck when you open or close it sometimes? Have you been dealing with constant headaches and migraines for years, and no one can seem to figure out why? If so, then you may be dealing with a TMJ problem, which involves your main jaw joint (you can feel the hinges right in front of your ears when you open and close your mouth). Our own Dr. Hira Khan is specially trained to find the root of these issues and provide fully tailored TMJ treatment in Plano, TX to ensure patients enjoy lasting relief.
Why Choose Dental Distinction for TMJ Treatment?
- Highly Trained in Bioesthetic Dentistry
- Level III Fellowship in Bioesthetics & TMJ Treatment
- Custom-Made TMJ Appliances for Each Patient
What is TMJ Dysfunction?
The temporomandibular joint (TMJ) is a complex joint that connects your jaw to your skull, enabling you to perform essential functions like chewing, breathing and speaking. When this joint becomes dysfunctional or experiences problems, it can lead to a range of discomfort and pain known as TMJ problems or temporomandibular joint disorders (TMD).
The symptoms of TMJ problems can vary from person to person but often include:
- Jaw Pain: Pain or tenderness around the jaw joint, especially when chewing or speaking.
- Facial Pain: Pain in the face, neck, or shoulders.
- Clicking or Popping: Audible sounds when moving the jaw, such as clicking or popping noises.
- Limited Jaw Movement: Difficulty opening or closing the mouth fully.
- Headaches: Frequent headaches, often resembling tension headaches or migraines.
- Ear Pain: Earaches or a feeling of fullness in the ears without an ear infection.
- Lockjaw: Temporary locking of the jaw, making it difficult to open or close the mouth.
Early intervention can often prevent the condition from worsening and improves quality of life significantly.
Treatment for TMJ Disorders
Dr. Hira Khan has gained extensive training in evaluating TMJ disorders and achieve orthopedic stability of jaw joints using Maxillary Anterior Guided Appliance. This treatment involves the use of a custom orthotic to achieve orthopedic stability of jaw joints and its musculature, thus alleviating pain and symptoms. This is therapeutic for patients, but it is the first step towards addressing the root cause of TMJ and bite problems.
Once orthopedic stability of jaw joints is achieved, Dr. Hira Khan acquires set of data to evaluate definite treatment options that may include minimally invasive bite correction, use of full coverage restorations as crowns or veneers to acquire the right morphology for bite, orthodontic treatment or combination of these; so that jaw joints, muscles and bite stays in harmony. The result is a biological healthy functional chewing system that is pain free, feels good and looks amazing.
I am Interested in Bioesthetic Dentistry I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I Need a Dentist for My Child I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I Want to Improve My Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I Have a Dental Emergency View Our Services
TMJ dysfunction and Pain
Haaris was treated with MAGO therapy to help achieve orthopedic stability of his jaw joints.